Everybody knows that while we refer to Altcoins as digital currencies, they do not have a physical form. Before proceeding further, make sure you are well aware of how cryptocurrency works. This does not mean that the average Bitcoin value or Ether price cannot be quantified and represented in the traditional way. If we were to adopt the USD as a measuring instrument, then we would need thousands of thousands of paper banknotes in order to embody and epitomize a single unit of Bitcoin.
Did You Know?
There are several companies and digital portals that have manufactured physical Altcoins. Of course, they are intended to serve as memorabilia and collector’s items and cannot be used for the purpose of Bitcoin trading. Some of the most popular ones of them are produced by Casascius, Alitin Mint, Titan Bitcoin, CoinedBits, Lealana, and CryptMint. There are also several scam cryptocurrency exchange websites that try to sell these off as legitimate merchandise or products that represent actual value so users should stay alert.
Crypto Trading Basics & Important Facts
Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency exchange platform which makes it the main responsible one for the Altcoin tsunami that flooded the Internet after its official launch. It has also become the de facto example of building and designing a blockchain network. All of the other digital coins are founded on the grounds of Bitcoin’s underlying open-source and peer-2-peer computer protocols.
There are now more than a thousand different Altcoins. The term itself is derived from the direct reference that this is an alternative to the forefather of them all – Bitcoin. Some of them are easy to trade with, while others involve a greater risk than handling financial operations with the first digital exchange.
This is mainly due to the fact that some of them have lesser liquidity. Coin popularity ratios are also not to be overlooked. They determine the supply-and-demand levels of online users, as well as the acceptance by the general public and the value retention rate.
Lots of people engage in Bitcoin trading and Altcoin investments. Not so many of them know that the term ‘cryptocurrency’ is a direct reference to the fact that their creators use cryptographic and data encryption techniques to create the underlying programming codes. The generation of new units (coins) and the transfer of funds depend solely on the algorithm.
List of Cryptocurrencies by Market Cap
Coins are usually compiled in a cryptocurrency list. The most recently-issued cryptocurrency list price shows the best cryptocurrency to invest 2017. New statistics for 2018 are also in the making and the data in them can shift from one day to the other, depending on the most recent events, trends, cryptocurrency news, and sudden occurrences.
All Altcoins are virtual financial assets, even if there is no official unified body to govern and regulate them. This means that the Bitcoin price is subject to sudden changes. Volatility is something very common in the digital and real-life investment spheres.
Users should not be surprised if the cryptocurrencies they decided to invest in have experienced a drastic drop or rise in the price. Every asset, without a view, if it belongs to the category of indices, equities (stocks), securities or currencies, goes through phases like the described.
It may not recover from a downward trend in a couple of days. Sometimes the process can take weeks and even months. But an Altcoin’s average price will return to normal or go on an upward trend pretty soon. Patience and the ability to keep emotions under control are crucial in trading.
Digital investors can keep track of recent changes in the price of every Altcoin by going to a cryptocurrency exchange app or website and viewing the cryptocurrency charts live. This should give them a good idea of the best coins to trade with.
Top Cryptocurrency List
The best cryptocurrencies to invest in are determined by their coin market cap. This would mean that the more users purchase and begin to trade with a given Altcoin, the more does its price go up. Of course, there are some situations in which it could lead to the formation of a crypto financial bubble but such occurrences are quite rare.
Some people have called cryptocurrencies ‘the greatest invention after the Internet’. For others, they remain a mysterious financial black hole. The truth is probably in the middle but no one can deny that the world is in a crypto trading craze.
Trading cryptocurrencies can be carried out for the achieving of positive daily financial results. This asset category is extremely lucrative. It would even be considered kooky not to trade crypto. But before proceeding to do so, one must first find out which the market leaders are.
We have compiled a short cryptocurrency list of the top Altcoins to invest in, based on their coin market cap. Let’s dive in.
- 1. Bitcoin Cryptocurrency (BTC): Bitcoin trading might not be so financially rewarding as it was in the beginning but if one has the funds to trade with it then there are many opportunities that can open up. The initial investment might be a bit high but the dividends at the end should also increase. The first cryptocurrency can be traded against every other Altcoin or fiat currency. Its market cap at the time this article was written was $128,000,000. The best way to trade it is by checking out the best Bitcoin exchanges by volume. They should not forget to also open a reliable Bitcoin wallet.
- 2. Ethereum Cryptocurrency (ETH): Little did blockchain prodigy Vitalik Buterin know that he would go on to launch the silver prize winner of the cryptocurrency world. Ethereum is actually the name of the currency exchange platform that powers the underlying currency called Ether (ETH). The Russian-Canadian programmer named it after the hypothetical element which fills the universe in Medieval alchemy and fantasy fiction. Being an avid gaming enthusiast, this is not surprising. Ethereum’s blockchain network is regarded as highly-innovative and this is the main reason why so many upscale companies have implemented it
- 3. Ripple Cryptocurrency (XRP): This digital payment system does not apply the typical blockchain technology. Instead, it works according to a distributed consensus ledger. Lots of worldly financial companies and banking institutions have implemented the Ripple platform into their daily processes because it brings forth the smooth and speedy transfer of funds. This is one of the many reasons why people prefer to invest in Ripple – it is a smart and secure asset. The only thing which traders have to remember when commencing to do so is to check out the Ripple coin – XRP – price fluctuations. Another key factor is to keep track of the most recent Ripple XRP news in order to predict possible price fluctuations.
- 4. Bitcoin Cash Cryptocurrency (BCH): This crypto trading app emerged in the midst of great controversy but managed to secure its place among the ten best cryptocurrencies to invest in. The units of this digital exchange are called Satoshi, eponymously named after the mysterious figure that created Bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash BCH was launched in order to favorably solve the Bitcoin scalability problem once and for all. It quickly gained momentum and is now one of the top possible choices for cryptocurrency investments.
- 5. LiteCoin Cryptocurrency (LTC; Ł): It is often stated that the LiteCoin cryptocurrency is Bitcoin’s younger brother. The generation of the coins, which are called Lites, and their subsequent transfer from peer to peer occurs thanks to the highly-advanced cryptographic protocol. It is nearly identical to Bitcoin to the way its blockchain open-source network was designed. The fact that it was designed by former Google employee Charlie is also extraordinary!
Follow the Cryptocurrency List to Become a Crypto Trading Pro!
Keeping track of cryptocurrency charts and Altcoin news can result in solid and consistent daily results. This is the strategy that many crypto miners and traders abide by in order to generate a stable secondary income on the Internet.
Newcomers might find it hard to orientate themselves in the cryptocurrency exchange rates at first but they can always rely on the services of one of the legit and genuine crypto robots and brokers. Most of them even include live crypto trading news feeds.
There is nothing left for users after signing-up for such a cryptocurrency exchange app, then staying smart and trading crypto! So don’t hesitate any longer and do it.